The CRSN has created this page to list relevant COVID-related resources for our stakeholders. Documents will be uploaded as they become available. Additional resources have been made available to support stroke survivors, families, and caregivers in response to the pandemic. Click here to access support resources for stroke survivors.
Stroke Guidance Documents
- Aphasia Institute Pictographs Click here for a template to facilitate a conversation about COVID-19 and isolation. There are also new templates about going to the hospital and giving consent to participate in online programs. To access these and other editable templates, visit the Aphasia Institute website at https://www.participics.ca/
- Champlain Community Support Network - COVID-19 Support Services includes pharmacy & food delivery, Meals on Wheels, telephone support, transportation options, and dementia support
- Community and Therapy Services for Stroke Survivors in Ottawa - this week’s listing of private therapies available to persons with stroke (updated Oct 1, 2020)
- CorHealth COVID-19 Resource Center for Stroke: CorHealth has provided an up-to-date listing of resources that you may find useful, like virtual rehab and online community resources. See this month's stroke awareness poster highlighting Stroke Rehabilitation During COVID-19
- Heart and Stroke Foundation Coronavirus Resources- Information to help deal with the COVID-19 crisis for patients and caregivers living with heart disease or stroke. Includes medical & social services, financial assistance, peer support, physical activity & nutrition, and Government of Canada updates
- Mental Health Resources, Ottawa Public Health: Caregivers often don't take the time for self-care as they work to improve the health of others. It is normal to feel stress at this time and for this situation to affect mental health. Click here for a listing of some of the Mental Health Resources available to you.
- Mental Health Resources - Counselling Connect: provides free access to a same-day or next-day phone or video counselling session. This service is for children, youth, adults and families in Ottawa and the surrounding area. Click here to book a session
- Ontario Health COVID-19 Response Update: Click here for the August 19, 2020 update from the Ontario health system COVID-19 response effort. Please feel free to share widely within your community.
- Peer Support Group for Stroke Survivors: *NEW* The Champlain Regional Stroke Network is offering peer support over the phone during COVID-19 for anyone who has had a stroke or has a loved one who has had one. It is taking place the 3rd Tuesday of each month starting September 15. See attached flyer for more details. Registration is required. Please call Michelle at 613-798-5555 ext 18575.
- Rehab and Community Services in Champlain during COVID: this webinar provides an overview of sub-acute services that exist in the Champlain region to support transitions in care and information to regional stakeholders on modifications to sub-acute programs and services due to COVID guidelines. An archived copy dated July 9, 2020 is available on the University of Ottawa Heart Institute website at: https://pwc.ottawaheart.ca/education/heartwise-webinars
- Rehabilitative Care Alliance COVID-19 Rehab Resources are provided to support rehab professionals, other clinicians and administrators as they provide and plan for care
- Stroke Best Practices During the COVID-19 Pandemic -The Heart & Stroke Canadian Stroke Best Practice Recommendations (CSBPR) Advisory Council has developed guidance on implementing evidence-based stroke care during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The University of Ottawa Heart Institute has compiled a list of resources to help keep patients informed and stay active and healthy during this difficult time. Click here for heart-healthy resources for secondary prevention like exercise (videos etc), nutrition, stress management and more.